Instead of a New Years resolution, I have compiled a list of goals I would like to see happen in the new year. Together, as a community, I think we can work on this.
- I would like to see an end to all of the infighting and bickering among Celiac's Its not helpful nor is it necessary. If you frequent blogs, fan pages and forums, you know exactly what I am talking about.
- Perhaps this will be the year Gluten Free gets taken seriously
- It would be super awesome if Canada could sell the Betty Crocker Gluten Free Cookie Mix. It is manufactured in Mississauga,Ontario after all. Time to send some emails!
- Lower GF prices. Come on, its 2013 and clearly there is a strong need for this type of product. There is especially no excuse for high prices from big name companies. Also, why is Kellogg's Gluten Free Rice Krispies WAY more money then the regular one? They took out the malt and increased the price. I don't get that one.
- Lets stop treating food like religion. I eat Gluten Free because I have to. I'm not about to eat dirt and rocks because someone thinks its a healthier habit that I should adopt. I also don't care who eats GF as long as Celiac gets the understanding and respect it deserves.
- This year I would love love love to see a proper interview with lets say Pierce Morgan, detailing Celiac Disease and chronicling a day in the life without sugar coating it. A documentary would be pretty swell too.
- I will be starting a petition to encourage Amazon.ca (Canada) to sell Gluten Free food online. The American counterpart and many international Amazon websites carry an enormous offering of Gluten Free foods so why must we be left out? Lets change that shall we!
Wishing you all the very best in this beautiful new year !